The RT trench roller with the SC3 infrared-remote control offers proven compaction results with safer operation. The smart control uses an infrared signal with line-of-sight control. The machine stops moving and vibrating should the line-of-sight be lost or if the operator comes within three feet (one meter) of the roller’s receiving eyes with the control box. The articulated trench roller offers below the axle exciter in each drum to allow for the efficient transfer of compaction energy to the soil for superior compaction results.
- Patented three receiving eye design eliminates signal loss from trench shoring while retaining the line-of-sight control of the roller. With 16 channel transmission, multiple rollers can be operated on the same job site without interference from one another.
- RTx model offers flexible drums that allows for convenient conversion from 32 in/82 cm to 22in/56 cm. The easy to remove extensions have a central mounting system that protects the bolts from exposure to damage during operation.
- The articulated joint increases maneuverability and the low center of gravity improves stability. High and low compaction force provides flexibility depending on the job.
- The lower end is completely maintenance-free due to the self-lubricating design of the drive and the exciter.
- The engine control module with diagnostic LEDs monitors machine functions such as oil pressure, radiator level, engine temperature, glow plug, battery and air filter capacity for easy operation and troubleshooting.
- Operating weight 1,495 kg
- L x W x H 1853 x 820 x 1270 mm
- Drum diameter 520 mm
- Width of drum 560 / 820 * mm
- Centrifugal force (min.) 34.2 kN
- Centrifugal force (max.) 68.4 kN
- Frequency 41.7 Hz
- Linear force static (per drum) 10.2 N/mm
- Linear force dynamic (per drum) 45 N/mm
- Travel speed forward 2.5 km/h
- Travel speed reverse 2.5 km/h
- Turning radius inner 1,600 mm
- Surface capacity max. (depending on soil consistency) 990 m²/h
- Gradeability max. (without vibration) 50 %
- Gradeability max. (with vibration) 45 %
Engine / Motor
- Engine Type Water-cooled 3-cylinder diesel with electric start
- Engine manufacturer Kohler KDW 1003
- Displacement 1,028 cm³
- Operating performance 14.8 kW
- RPM / speed operating 3,000 rpm
- Fuel consumption 4.5 l/h
- Tank capacity 24 l